Want an UPPER BODY WORKOUT to show off those arms in your dress or tank top? Well, I created an easy upper body workout for women using dumbbell exercises and body weight exercises to get tank top ready.
This upper body workout integrates my specialized workout method I designed call “H.I.C.T. METHOD”. High Intensity Circuit Training which is designed to burn fat while you fatigue and target the specific muscle you are training. Each exercise is chosen to compliment and make the previous exercise more effective.
For example, if I was training you to work triceps, I’d choose a heavy upper body dumbbell exercise like chest press for 8 to 10 reps @ 80% max weight then follow with a body weight exercise like tricep bench till failure and complete with Mountain Climbers to accelerate calorie burn but at the same time working your triceps to stabilize your body in a parallel position. We would repeat this entire strength training circuit 3 to 6 x dependent on your fitness level or time constraints until moving onto the next tricep circuit.
By the way, I have a complete program that targets your entire body from head to toe using the “H.I.C.T METHOD” AKA ” THE BENNETT METHOD”. I primarily use boxing to shred fat, high intensity cardio workouts to burn calories and dumbbells to shape and define your body. OH YEAH, it’s on sale too! Take a look here >> THE HICT METHOD.
Now you know how this easy HOME WORKOUT FOR UPPER BODY was designed using the “H.I.C.T. METHOD”.
8 UPPER BODY EXERCISE DESCRIPTIONS:
- PUSH UPS: start on knees or feet. To work your triceps keep a narrow hand position with hands slightly in back of chest level and elbows pulled into your sides. As you go down your elbows will drive back and then you’ll contract (squeeze your triceps) to push up to full extension. Squeeze triceps when elbows locked. Go down slow and up fast. Repeat.
2. NARROW CURLS: Start with feet hip distance and bend knees to stay in slightly squat position. Keep ends of dumbbells together the entire exercise and elbows narrow, pressed into your stomach, making sure your elbows and arms stay in front of you the entire time. Go down slow and up fast, contract biceps on top. Repeat
3. HAMMER CURLS: Start with feet together. Elbows tight to your sides and dumbbells held vertical. Contract biceps to drive the dumbbell end to the front of your shoulder as if driving a nail with a hammer. Go down slower and repeat.
4. PUSH BACKS: Start in staggered stance and slightly lean forward. Arms straight and hold dumbbells horizontal. Push the dumbbell back and hold for 3 seconds, squeezing triceps entire time. Release and go back to starting position, Repeat.
5. KICK BACKS: Place one knee on bench and hand on bench or staggered stance and lean over. Grab a dumbbell with opposite hand on bench and bring elbow up to side. Raise elbow high and keep it there. Kick dumbbell back making sure to flick your wrist up when you kickback. Keep all tension on tricep and hold for 2-3 seconds to squeeze tricep. Repeat
6. BURPEES: Start with feet hip distance apart. Start to squat and bend as you do to place PALMS OF HANDS on ground. Kick back feet and lie flat on ground. Using the palms of hands and arms to push up quick while you spring feet under you to stand in squat position. Repeat. * NEVER DO BURPEES IF YOU HAVE A BACK ISSUE. Replace with star jumps.
7. HIGH PLANK WITH FEET INTO OUT: Start in push up position on feet. Now just stay with arms locked and shoulders slight forward over hands so all pressure is on triceps. Stay and just bring feet together and out 5-8 inches for time (example 1 minute).
8. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS: Start in push up position on feet. Now drive one foot forward and one back simultaneously. Making sure your front ball of foot is driving into ground entire time. DON’T leave foot in air.
Hope you get to try this UPPER BODY WORKOUT using upper body exercise with dumbbells and body weight.
I’ve put 2 programs that you might be interested to get more advanced workouts and a complete plan to help you build strength, burn fat and look great.
- UPPER BODY WORKOUT PLAN FOR WOMEN ON AMAZON
- THE COMPLETE TOTAL BODY WORKOUT PLAN FOR WOMEN ON SALE USING THE H.I.C.T. METHOD
Related Blog Posts for Arm Shaping Workout:
- 3 Arm Exercises For A Great Arm Workout For Busy Women
- 3 Exercise Arm Workout For Women To Get Sexy, Tone, Stronger And Slimmer Arms Right At Home. Best Home Workouts
- Ladies Workout To Get Tank Top Ready Arms With Just 3 Exercises You Can Do At Home
- Video Workout To Get Tone And Fit Arms Right At Home, Fast!
- 30 Minute Home Arm Workout For Women: Get Fit, Tone Arms Fast