How to make the best tasting sweet potato dish to gain muscle and not fat
Sweet potatoes are one of the best muscle building carbs for your diet. This complex carb power house is loaded with energy that your muscles can store for your next workout or to refuel your glycogen supplies that have been depleted from an intense workout. Yet, eating just plain baked or microwaved potatoes are ok, but they don’t make your diet fun.
Unless you’re a serious body builder eating just boiled chicken and baked potatoes is boring. You need to find foods that you enjoy serving your entire family but still are healthy and convenient. A healthy lifestyle diet is the key to losing weight, getting fit and building lean muscle without sacrificing taste.
So, I’ve created a great dish that incorporates sweet potato, sweet onion, turkey bacon, green apple and tomatoes. All food items are organic and can be found in any supermarket.
This sweet potato dish can be served as a post-workout snack, side dish and even a main meal for breakfast with an egg and greens.
Note: this healthy dish is so good you will have to limit your portions. Portions are so important to keeping lean and fit. Your diet is everything when you’re trying to lose weight. Calories do matter.
Please try this dish and let me know what you think.
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- 1 large organic green apple
- 1 medium organic sweet onion
- 6-8 slices organic turkey bacon (Applegate)
- 1 large organic vine ripened tomato
- Cook the organic turkey bacon on both sides for 3 minutes on each side on high heat. Let cool.
- Chop all the food items including the turkey bacon.
- In a large iron skillet or non-stick pan sauté sweet potato with 1/4 cup of water until sweet potato is tender. You may have to add more water until the potato is tender. Drain remaining water.
- Now, add the onion and saute the sweet potato and onion together on high heat until the onion is translucent. Flipping the food items often for 5-8 minutes.
- Add all the remaining food items including the turkey bacon and sauté all ingredients for 5-8 more minutes.
- Place in large bowl and serve as desired.’ ‘
Want more great tasting recipes and workouts? Become a Fitaction Insider so we can help you! Click the Green Button below:
Get Your FREE Recipe Book Makeover to Get Fit plus get weekly expert diet and fitness tips