A Trader Joe’s Hack To Make an Easy and Tasty Brown Rice Side Dish or Meal
Who goes to Trader Joe’s for those little things that can make a meal great? I know I do. The brown rice dish I make in the video below has been a big hit for both adults and kids. Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette along with their snack pack of nuts and fruit makes this a winner.
So, easy and makes brown rice go from boring to boom. Now, if you’re trying to lose those extra 10 pounds then I recommend sticking to just regular brown rice with some fresh garlic and a touch of sea salt. This dish is for a healthier lifestyle option verse eating white rice, rice pilaf or Uncle Ben’s quick brown rice. You’ll notice I added organic ground turkey to create a meal that’s great to eat after a heavy workout. If you are on a calorie restrictive diet, then just cut back on the portion and add more veggies or salad.
Give this one a try!
You’ll need to buy:
- Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- Trader Joe’s Brown Rice, Frozen 1 packet (regular or organic)
- Trader Joe’s almonds, cashews, walnuts and cranberries (1 packet, snack size)
Optional for a meal:
3/4 pound organic 94% lean ground meat (buffalo, beef, turkey or chicken)
What to do:
- Heat brown rice in pan or microwave. Add packet of nuts and cranberries. Mix Well.
- Add 1-2 tbsps. dressing based on taste preference. Mix all well.
- Optional: add precooked, heated protein and mix.
Bang: instant great tasting meal.